Imagine being able to perfectly cut all the grass on your large lawn without lifting or pushing anything at all. The best riding lawn mower under 2000 dollars enables you to do just that and have a lot of fun as you ride that mower around your lawn….
The best riding lawn mower is better than any push mower in terms of speed, ease of use, performance and safety. Since you are in an elevated position, any object or grass being thrown off the blade won’t reach you so you can even ride with your child.
What Is The Best Riding Lawn Mower For The Money?
1. Troy-Bilt 382cc 30-Inch Premium Neighborhood Riding Lawn Mower.
Troy-Bilt 382cc is the best ride on lawn mower if you want something affordable and your lawn has a relatively even terrain.
The mower is powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with 4.25MPH speed and 7-speed transmission that provides long lasting and clean performance.
- Troy-Bilt 382cc has a 30 inch cutting deck so you will cut a wide area and cover the entire lawn very fast.
- This mower is very compact and small so it can go where large machine won’t go and this also makes it very easy to store in a garage or shed.
- It has a 5-height adjustable blade and manual power take off so you can choose the size of your grass fast.
- You can maneuver through the lawn easily thanks to the durable wide wheels and 18 inch turning radius.
- The foot rest area is made of very slippery plastic.
2. Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 18.5 Tractor Mower.
Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 is one of the best lawn tractors under $2000 featuring a spring loaded bumper mounted cutting deck to make cutting extremely easy.
This riding mower also comes with quick changing automatic transmission that ensures its maintenance cost remains very minimal.
- The mower is very compact in size and this feature makes it very efficient and nimble not to mention it is much easier to pack in a garage or any tight space.
- This lawn mower features air induction mowing technology that allows sufficient airflow within the deck so there will be consistency and reliability in the cutting every time.
- The mower has a 42inch wide cutting deck meaning you will cut a very large lawn faster with fewer laps.
- Husqvarna 960430211 YTA18542 comes with a 3 year warranty and it is very easy to wash thanks to the deck washing port where you can connect your hose.
- A lot of foot pressure is required over the time you will be mowing.
3. Poulan Pro 967331001 P54ZX Cutting Deck Zero Turn Radius Riding Mower.
The best rated riding lawn mowers tend to fetch a hefty price as expected since they boast better features and performance.
This Poulan Pro 967331001 P54ZX is among the best riding mower for the money featuring a powerful 24HP Briggs & Stratton engine and a 15 inch extra high back seat for comfort.
- This mower has a 54inch reinforced cutting deck that allows you to cut a very wide area at once and the 6-position cutting height adjustment blade helps you to choose the height of your grass.
- The 18 inch rear tires and durable caster wheels make it very easy to maneuver in any terrain.
- Poulan Pro 967331001 P54ZX has a speed of 6mph with a 3.5 gallon fuel capacity so you can cut up to 2.8 acres per hour easily.
- However, what puts this Poulan mower among the best riding lawn mower for the money is the zero turn feature that offers maximum maneuverability to the mower such that it’s able to turn in a moment’s notice and cut wider areas as well as any obstacles so you will finish the job fast.
- This mower is lacking enough power to mow up hill.
4. Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin 724 cc Zero Turn Mower, 54″
If the best self-propelled lawn mower for the money is what you are looking for, this Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin is perfect for you.
This awesome mower features a B&S 24hp engine that is designed to withstand even the worst of conditions thanks to the air filtration system, chrome plated valves and a cooling fan.
- The 54 inch cutting deck enables you to cut small and medium size lawns without stopping since the deck sucks air both from the top and the bottom.
- This is one of the few mowers that you can use to cut grass at night because it has headlights and it’s also very safe thanks to the anti-slip surface area and bumper.
- Husqvarna 967324101 V-Twin will serve you for years because it has stamped cutting deck with reinforced flat-stock steel and the wheels are very robust with casters all over.
- The deck lift system is located in a place where you will be able to reach it easily and the spring assist makes that operation so much easier.
- Some customers complain about poor customer service at Husqvarna .
5. Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Lt 42 In. 18 Gas Front-engine Riding Mower.
Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Lt 42 In. is among best riding lawn mower under 2000 dollars because it offers optimum stability and comfort while you ride.
This tractor comes with a mobile app that uses Bluetooth to connect to your mower so you can track its health status and know when to do service and maintenance.
- Cub Cadet Xt1 Enduro Series Lt 42 In has a large roomy seat that ensures you are extremely comfortable so you can enjoy mowing often.
- It is a very technologically advanced mower loaded with features that will make it more interesting and fun to work with especially if you are young and tech savvy.
- You can set this tractor to mow when you are reversing and also turn it off very quickly if you come near a place that you don’t want to mow.
- It has a handle you can use to raise and lower the mowing deck very quickly so its ideal for lawns that have long roots and grass sticking up.
- There is no electric clutch but it’s pretty easy to drive.
6. Yard Machines 420cc 42-Inch Riding Lawn Tractor.
Yard Machines 420cc Lawn Tractor the best lawn tractor under 2000 dollars that can go uphill, ridges and cut tall grass easily.
The mower features a 420cc engine with shift on the Go Drive system to give you the best performance no matter how your lawn looks like.
- Yard Machines 420cc has a very efficient cutting deck of 42 inches so you cover more area and finish the job faster.
- It has a comfortable mid-back seat that helps to make your mowing job easy on your back.
- The rugged front and rear wheels make it easy to maneuver through rough terrain and there is a seven-speed gear shift to help you go uphill and over ridges with ease.
- This mower comes with mulching and bagging feature so you can leave your lawn looking spotless.
- This tractor lacks some of the features available in other MTD models like reverse with blades engaged and parking brakes.
7. Poulan Pro 960420182 Briggs 15.5 hp Automatic Hydrostatic Transmission Drive Riding Mower, 42
Poulan Pro is one of the leading brands when it comes to the best riding lawn mowers with powerful engines, wide deck, comfortable seat and no fuss starting.
This Poulan Pro 960420182 features a B&C engine that offers great performance and durability.
- Poulan Pro 960420182 has 6 cutting positions so you can adjust the deck according to the size you want your grass to be.
- The mower has a 6 in turning radius and a floating deck so you can have a level cut and even be able to cut very close to trees and other obstacles.
- The 42inch reinforced vented deck is very efficient and it draws air from the top to the bottom so you cut for longer and manage longer grass.
- This mower has a mulching and bagging feature to leave your lawn clean and it is easy to adjust speed without stopping thanks to the Auto Hydrostatic transmission.
- The seat is slippery so you can slide off if your lawn is hilly.
Buying Guide for the Best Riding Lawn Mower under 2000 Dollars
When it comes to the best riding lawn mower under 2000 dollars, some features can make one type more impressive than the other depending on what you want.
However, it is important to know that the more features a lawn mower has, the more expensive it is likely to be so you may not find all those amazing features in the best riding lawn mower under 1000 dollars.
Here are some of the features you should look for to get the best riding mower under 2000 dollars;
- Speed And Cutting Width
Apart from saving your energy, one of the reasons why riding lawn mowers are better than push mowers is speed and performance.
Having a fast mower with a wide cutting deck means that you will be able to finish the job faster and also save on fuel.
- Size And Placement Of The Engine
The best riding lawn mower under 2000 dollars should have an engine that is powerful enough to mow even tall grass in uneven terrain.
It is especially important to get a powerful engine if your lawn has hills, ridges and other obstacles as the mower will need power to go over them.
The engine placement also determines the performance of the engine since rear placed engines that allow zero turn are less powerful. On the other hand, a front placed engine can be larger and more powerful.
- Turning Ability
Though we would want our lawns to be straight and smooth, sometime they have corners and obstacles such as trees that you need to go around.
The best riding mower under 1000 or $2000 should have easy steering or a zero-turn radius so you can manage tight turns and avoid obstacles with ease.
- Size Of The Riding Mower
The size of a riding lawn mower will matter depending on the size of your lawn, preference and storage space.
Be sure to buy a mower that is just the right size for you and one that is easy to use.
The best riding lawn mower under 2000 dollars can be without a doubt hard to find since there are so many models.
Hopefully, these riding lawn mower reviews will give you an idea of what to look for and what works best for you.