If you are recovering from a knee or low body injury, an elliptical machine can help you exercise and rehab your limbs from the comfort of your home. Unlike treadmills which exert pressure to your joints, the best elliptical machine for the money will be gentle on your tendons thanks to the adjustable resistance and moving handgrips.
The best at home elliptical machine can also help you lose the excess weight without joining a gym and you can set your own limits and résistance.
This elliptical machine review will discuss the best machines for home and what to look for when shopping for one.
1. Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Magnetic Ellipticals
Exerpeutic 1000XL is a high quality elliptical with a weight capacity of 300 lbs. thanks to the heavy duty construction.
This therapeutic machine has a large easy to read LCD display where you can see the distance covered, calories burnt, time, speed and pulse.
- Exerpeutic 1000XL has 8 level magnetic tension resistance adjustments so you can continue to challenge yourself as you get used to working out.
- The machine has large pedals with ribbed design to prevent any foot slippage and accidents.
- It is a very quiet and smooth ride with natural elliptical motion so your joints and knees won’t feel the impact.
- This elliptical 300 lbs capacity machine is easy to transport because it has wheels and the dual action arms help to exercise even the upper body.
- It is very hard to put together especially if you are alone.
2. Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine.
Schwinn 470 Elliptical is among the best affordable elliptical machine in the new Schwinn cardio line that features an upgraded DualTrack LCD display to monitor your progress.
The machine is the same high quality as the original Schwinn 470 products only with better features and its compatible with MyFitnessPal.
- Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine comes with a unique console that features 13 different display feedbacks, USB charging port, 4 user settings and 29 programs to keep you motivated.
- The stride and footplates of this machine feature great cushioning for your comfort and 20’’ precision stride length.
- This is a very smooth and quiet machine with 25 levels of eddy current resistance so you can be challenged.
- The machine is very comfortable to work out on thanks to the ergonomically placed handlebars and it has transport wheels making it among the best cheap elliptical machine.
- It has minor internal calculation issues.
3. Body Champ 2 in 1 Cardio Dual Trainer Elliptical Workout and Upright Exercise Bike.
Body Champ 2 in 1 Cardio Dual Trainer serves both as an elliptical trainer and a stationary bike and it offers advanced magnetic resistance so you can have a smooth, quiet ride without straining the knees.
This dual-purpose machine has a weight limit of 250 pounds and it has a programmable console where you can track your progress.
- Body Champ 2 in 1 Cardio Dual Trainer is very strong and durable thanks to the oversized steel construction as well as the pass-through frame design.
- The seat on this machine is very comfortably padded and it adjusts both vertically and horizontally to suit any user no matter their size.
- It is very easy to switch from one mode to the other in this machine and it comes with a workout DVD and 12 preset programs to guide you in the exercise.
- This good quality elliptical machine is very versatile because it comes with 2 sets of ergonomic handle bars and bidirectional foot pedal platforms.
- There are quite a few clients who have said their machine broke after one or two uses and they weren’t replaced.
4. Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine.
Sole Fitness E95 is the best elliptical machine for home because it provides a whisper quiet and smooth drive system that move in both forward and reverse motions.
This machine has 20 levels of resistance to challenge your workout and it can handle up to 400 lbs.
- Sole Fitness E95 has adjustable moving handle bars that enhance your comfort as you work out and another set of stationary handle bars with pulse sensors to monitor your heart.
- The machine has oversized foot pedals to prevent slippage and falling and the footbeds offer optimum comfort and performance.
- An easy to use console with 6.5’’ LCD display is available and it comes with cooling fans, built-in speakers, water bottle holder, MP3 player and iPod.
- The pedals in this machine are designed to fit the users stride and 2 degree inward slope reduces ankle and knee stress.
- This machine is particularly expensive.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Trainer with Hand Pulse Monitoring System.
If you are looking for the best elliptical for home machine that will enable you to work out at the comfort of your home and at your own pace then you need to have the Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical machine.
It has amazing features that will fit a beginner and a professional athlete.
- This elliptical exercise machine can handle a maximum weight of 220 lbs. and it is lightweight thus very easy to move from one place to the other.
- It comes with a pulse monitor that monitors and maintains your target heart rate as you work out.
- The Sunny Health & Fitness Elliptical Trainer machine has non- slip oversize foot paddle which enables you to have a firm grip and ensure safe footing during vigorous work outs.
- It has a digital monitor screen that helps you track your progress as it displays your time, distance, speed and calories burned while working out.
- It has a magnetic resistance system which provides a smooth flowing motion as you work out.
- It is not suitable for tall people past 5inch.
6. Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine.
The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine is among the best elliptical for tall person as it provides challenging cardio workout that you require in order to keep fit.
This machine is very lightweight and has four rear wheels on heavy duty rails which ensure a smoother and more stable feel as you work out.
- The moving handlebars on the machine are adjustable and this ensures that you are comfortable and they have a pulse sensor for monitoring your heart rate as you work out.
- The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine comes with six standard programs and two custom programs which offer guidance as you work out.
- It has over size foot paddles which are designed to create a two degree inward slope to the foot pedals thus reducing ankle and knee stress.
- It has a power incline which acts as additional resistance thus enabling you have a challenging cardio work out with the touch of a button.
- There are complaints that after a few months of use the machine tends to make a lot of noise.
7. Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat.
Body Rider BRD2000 is a two in one fitness machine that also doubles up as an exercise bike and it takes up little space in your home.
- It comes with a motivational electronic display which indicates the time, speed, distance and the calories burned during the workout.
- The Body Rider BRD2000 machine is built around a chain- driven fan wheel with high momentum fan blades which provides a smooth quiet ride.
- This elliptical trainer’s machine has an adjustable seat that you can adjust vertically or horizontally to fit your height and weight thus enhancing your comfort as you exercise.
- It has an incline and intensity setting system that enables you be in charge of your work out as it allows you select different levels.
The pedals don’t move well so you have to strain thus squishing your toes.
Buying Guide for the Best Elliptical Machine for the Money
The best elliptical machine for the money should not only help you be fit and recover from injuries but it should motivate you to make working out a habit.
Apart from the price, here are some of the other factors you must consider when buying a heavy duty elliptical machine;
The best elliptical machines are available in small and big sizes depending on features and what you want.
While a big elliptical machine means that you have a larger surface to work out on, it is also very space consuming.
If you want a large machine but don’t have the space to put it in, consider a model that can fold down after use so you don’t occupy too much space.
In a world where we want things to be convenient and fun, the best elliptical machine for home should come with certain features that make this possible.
One of the greatest features available in best rated elliptical machines is a console with LCD display, cup holder, USB port and fan.
Exercise programs and compatibility with fitness apps also help to make exercising easier if you know what to do.
The best home elliptical for the money will probably be used by several people of different sizes and weight.
In order to properly fit and help the user, one must be able to adjust the strides, handle bars and chair to your comfort.
- Durability and Weight Capacity
Choose a high weight capacity elliptical that can handle a person of any size. The machine should also be very well constructed to ensure durability and assembly should be easy.
Man-made machines break all the time and more so if it’s being used a lot.
The best home elliptical should come with a good warranty of about one or two years so you don’t have to cater for the repairs if the machine has any problem.
What is the best elliptical for the money? The answer to this question depends on what your needs are and how much money you are willing to spend on the machine.
However, the best elliptical machine for the money does not have to cost you an arm and a leg because there are many affordable machines in the market.